Saturday, February 20, 2010

Then and Now


If there was a time period that made it easier to get into college I would zap back in time right this second! Was it easier for our parents to get into a college back in the day than for us to today? They make college sound so easy and all that they want for you is to get a good scholarship so that they don't have to pay so much! Or maybe my parents just think I am the smartest cookie on the block and I will get through anything, meaning I will get into college without a problem.


My parents are my motivation to keep my grades up and keep on researching and searching for a good college. Without them consistently nagging at me, I have no idea where I would be. Did they have to go through the same exact nagging from their parents? They are just passing down the "exciting" tradition I suppose. Looking at how successful they are shows that it got them somewhere though so, it does some good!


My mom went to college with four kids under her belt! How did she do it? I don't know, but she uses that her excuse to say that I can do anything. She says, "You're my daughter and if I could to do it, so can you." She has a point but, sometimes I feel like I am not recognized as my own individual. Maybe I can't do it sometimes! After all, she is very Sanguine and me... I'm Melancholy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can't believe your mom went to college while she had 4 kids! I can barley make it through high school and I have no kids! I have parents that push me to have good grades. If I have a B my parents are chewing me out because they know I can do so much better. But I'm glad that my parents push me because I think if they didn't care, then I would be fine with getting B's on my report card. Because of them my future will be better.

    ReplyDelete