Friday, February 19, 2010

I Went and Did It.. Now I'm Over Thinking


A long time ago I decided to go and talk to the counselor of the school for information about how to get on my feet for college. I tried to set up a date and time that my parents and I could come in and talk to her personally, but she told me to look on her homepage under the school's website first. If I can't find what I am looking for there, than I can come in and talk to her. I have yet to look up her page but, I have at the very least looked at the colleges pages and what it takes to get into them. In one of my recent posts I have listed the top ten categories that a college is looking for in their students. Although those are the top ten, every college is different.


One college may want a certain score on a ACT or SAT but, if the student doesn't reach those goals, they have alternative ways for that certain student to still be able to be accepted into the college. Other colleges may want a certain score on a ACT or SAT and if the student doesn't reach them they are not accepted no matter what. Some colleges will only accept students who are the top 5% of their high school and have those ACT or SAT scores that reach their requirements. They must have both to be able to attend that college.


Talk about pressure! I understand that you have to be smart and outstanding to attend the big university's, but it takes so much just to get there! A question that has always came to the front of my mind is, are the ACT and SAT tests accurate when it comes to giving the score? What if Einstein took the test? Would he have been able to pass with an outstanding score? Maybe in the Math and Science yes, but what about the English and Reading? He was a genius who couldn't remember to take a shower or take care of himself! Honestly, would he have been able to pass the test? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment