Friday, February 12, 2010

Getting There Means A Way



Average day people have to get from point A to point B some how right? They are able to get places by driving! That is something that I can't do... yet. I have talked many a times about how I cannot drive and how that would make my life so much easier! Just two more months! Two more months and I am on my way to taking another humiliating picture to keep on a driver's license for the rest of my life but, I don't care! I will finally be able to drive! I want to be able to take myself anywhere I want and need to at any time that I want to. I want to start working and being able to take myself to work without having to worry about getting a ride. I want to be able to take myself to school in the mornings, lunch in the afternoon, home in the evenings, and games or events at night.


Being able to drive gives me a sense of independence. It gives me a road to reaching for my goals. It takes me just a single step closer to being able to grasp my dreams. Isn't that what I have been looking for this entire time? Yes, it is exactly what I have been looking for. Once I drive I will go fill out an application to work at the Veterinary Clinic. I am excited to start! Just two months... That feels like the longest time ever but, I know that when the time actually comes I will feel that it came too fast. I feel I will have no idea how to handle my new privileges. I am ready to step ahead though so, two months COME FAST!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! This made me so excited because i'll start driving in two months too! I love the thought that i'll be able to leave and go places whenever i need to, and not have to depend on someone else to take me. And taking the bad picture, i don't care either! In my picture i'm gonna be smiling so big because its going to be on the happiest days of my life.. haha lets just hope the day we go on to take our tests that we both pass!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Driving really makes me feel independent. I used to hate having to depend on rides (usually my mom) and when I needed to be on time somewhere thats when my mom or dad decided to drive like a grandma! You'll like being able to drive until you have to pay for gas and run errands for your parents all the time. But other than that driving is amazing :) Good luck on your test!

    ReplyDelete