Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Biology Class and My Thoughts


Today we learned about what evolution is and what it isn't in Biology class. At the very beginning of class I thought I knew what Evolution was all about. I thought it dealt with the Big Bang Theory and how the world came to be. I thought it was about how a simple bacteria was the first life form and how it grew into something bigger and better.... Different species. I had many arguments on how and why it could or couldn't coincide with religion. I personally don't fully believe in evolution, but there are certain aspects that I do believe in about it. All my arguments seemed to hit the surface of evolution until the actual definition was said.


Evolution is a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially to a more advanced or mature stage). This definition has nothing at all to do with The Big Bang Theory or how the world came to be. It doesn't even scratch the surface of those subjects! It only talks about the "worm" that, with a given time, can become a "snake". With this new knowledge, my arguments were shot down the drain and I had nothing to say on the subject. So, here are my thoughts on whether or not to believe the Big Bang Theory.


Yes, it is clear to see that it is just a theory, but it is there to be believed in or not to be believed in. I personally believe in the theory and it coincides perfectly with my religious beliefs! How? Well, in the bible it talks about the seven days that God worked to create the world. Although it does not go in to depth on how he created the world, I believe that the Big Bang Theory makes perfect sense. Every day for a human being is a millennium for God. Given seven "days" to create the world gave him seven millenniums to create the world. The Big Bang could have clearly been part of the huge plan to even create the world for him to build off of. He had enough time to plan everything out for the Theory to occur and enough time to actually make it occur!


It leads on to the creation of the dinosaurs whose dead bodies have created a portion of the oil that we abundantly use today. Dinosaurs weren't just put on the earth for no reason at all! It has God written all over it! That is why I have no problem with the Big Bang Theory and certain aspects of evolution itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment