Sunday, January 17, 2010

This Blew My Mind So, Maybe It Will For You Too


So, that mentor ship I was talking about.... I will just come right out and say it... I kinda, pretty much, technically, okay did, get stood up. Yeah, go ahead and laugh it off and ask me if I believe in karma now. My answer would be yes! I don't want to write about the situation and what happened so, I'll make up the excuse that he was on Christmas vacation and had more "interesting" things to do than educate a junior in the field of science that he is best at! If you can tell, I am upset, but read what happened next! I had A LOT of anger running through my mind and I couldn't just put a cap on it and call it good. I had to find a way to release my anger so, i wrote a text and pressed send. I would recite the text but, unfortunately it all should be censored and I don't have it on my phone any longer! I quickly gained knowledge of his side of the story and my release if anger was soon turned into many apologies... I could say now that that was embarrassing.

Now that I apparently was in a different state of mind, he referred me to a woman who could take me under her wing just as she did for him. I guess he felt bad for not being able to make our "date" for a mentor ship. So, now that he is out of the story I am on my way to go see this lady. She actually works at the high school so, the situation is perfect for me for a couple reasons. One, she can't stand me up ever because she is stuck in the high school. Two, I can go any time that I am ready to go talk! This won't interfere with my social hour after school is out! I like how much help I am getting from those around me because without them... I would have no story to tell whatsoever.

I found two good colleges in Colorado. One is right out of Denver and it is called Bel Rea. The other is in Fort Collins. The interesting facts that I like about Bel Rea is that it is a Institute. This means only two years of college without having to go to college for the basics and getting an Associates in Veterinary Technology and Medicine. The only problem with Bel Rea is that I can only be a Veterinaries Technician Assistant when it comes to the outside world and getting a career. I want to be the vet! Not the vet's assistant! Yes, maybe for a college job, but not for a job my whole life! Now, I don't know much about Fort Collins, but I have been told to go check it out by six different people so, I am guessing that it is a decent place to go! So far that has been all the research that I have done. Texas is another story... all I have to say is that my parents are all over that one! Right now I am just going to keep on keeping on and hopefully I will get a job in April as an assistant! First, I need to pass my driver's license. :/ Now that literally is a whole other story!

1 comment:

  1. Is your mentorship a class or just an extra project in your life?

    ReplyDelete